Friday, December 2, 2022

Christmas cards are made

I have managed this year to get all my Christmas cards made in a timely fashion.  Stamps have been bought, labels have been printed so I am ready to start writing them, but I am procrastinating!!! Why? I have no idea.  I keep finding other jobs to do.  Weird!

Here is a selection of some I made:-


I have been quite ill with a really nasty cough and cold for 12 days now but I have managed to do other things.  Maybe I don't want to spread germs in the mail, yes! that must be it.  I am not infectious anymore I don't think so I must start on them soon.

Most of the Christmas presents have been ordered and delivered except one which was missing from one of the packages.  I have messaged the supplier through Amazon and they assure me they will get the missing item sent out.  Everybody, regardless of age or sex are getting the same thing this year and no, it is not gift cards or chocolates.  Can you guess what I have brought almost everybody? (All will be revealed after Christmas). I still have to find something for our son and daughter in law though.  The orders have been received for the three grand children from that family but 5 of the same thing in one house would be a bit much so I have to think of something different for the parents.

My husband and I are just getting one gift each this year and we have them already.  We got mine in Black Friday sale and I can't wait to get it.  I am very strict about not opening and using Christmas presents early so I have to abide by my own rules too.

It has been a tough year financially for most folks and we are no exception, our income is fixed so with the roaring inflation our buying ability gets less and less. But I will always try to buy presents for everyone at Christmas and hope that will always be the case.  With health issues and other things that had to get done this past year we haven't made any Christmas gifts, hopefully next year we will get back on track.

I did mail off the hoodie and felt Christmas tree ornaments for my great grandson in England this week so hopefully they will be there before Christmas.  They are not his Christmas gift, just something for the adorable young toddler whose 2nd Christmas this will be.

I also mailed off a birthday card for one of my granddaughters in England and I think this my best birthday card so far.


This will probably be my last post of 2022 as I only seem to post monthly these days so to all my blog friends I wish you the merriest of Christmases and a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Maureen. I hope the nasty cough is behind you now. Could socks or maybe hot water bottles be the present you are giving everyone.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cherie, the cold has gone but I am still coughing a little. Neither socks or hot water bottles although in hindsight hot water bottles would have been a good choice given the weather both in England and here right now.

      Delete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.