Monday, February 6, 2023

A makeover, a modification and His 'n Her Valentines cards

I did get the curtains made for one room, two windows so 4 curtains made.  They are nothing spectacular but they are clean and fresh.

Last year we made a drastic change upstairs, we moved our king bed into the room that was my sewing room as the air conditioning works much better in that room. We were in the process of replacing two walls in the sunroom where we usually sleep in the summer so we had to sleep in the main part of the house all year.

This meant some of my work tables and craft stuff got moved into the other bedroom but not all of it.  So our bedroom is part bedroom and part craft room and the other room is visa versa.

This year neither of us are up to moving heavy furniture so the rest of the changeover is happening very slowly. Eventually the computer table and computer will go into the other room and the dresser and tallboy will go in it's place.



In the card making department I did a makeover on the card that I said would languish in the made box and now I am happy to use it.
It went from this:-



To this:-




And I modified the unicorn card front from this:-


To this:-


I added some dragon flies to another card I am working on for my daughter.



I am working on our valentine's cards, I have the fronts done, waiting for some printer ink to get here so I can print out our sentiments which we write to each other.  I do not have any Valentine's verses stamps.


I am really happy with these so far.

So that's what I have been up to since my last post and also helping my husband with his project.  He is self publishing some short stories he wrote in the 80's and 90's.  He has also written several novels but they involve a massive amount of work so we will be busy on those for a long time yet.          


5 comments:

  1. I have never got into card making. Yours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, your sewing skills are amazing. I am a bit of a jack of all trades but master of none. I love making things, it gives me a lot of pleasure and hopefully the recipients too.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you mounted the greeting in the card. It really adds a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.