Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Freebie Treasures

I had to go and pick up our grocery order yesterday and go to the bank.  On the way home I popped into the Thrift Store.  Outside there were 2 shopping carts of freebie things so I had a mooch through them and this is what I got for nada, zilch, zero!









A very pretty china plate, two really delicate gold plated bone china teacups, a small gold plated finger bowl and a cute Christmas coffee cup.  I could have came away with a lot more but I didn't need them.  I will use all the above items.

I did purchase a couple of other items as I felt guilty just taking the freebie things.  The best thing was a very large Pyrex storage jar with lid.  I had read that the best way to keep strawberries fresh was to keep them in a glass jar so this was the perfect size for a 2lb punnet of strawberries.





I also got a piece of fabric to recover my husband's wheelchair cushion, 4 cup size Pyrex bowls and a little butter dish for a one quarter portion of butter.  I spent $5 on these items and came away feeling so much better.  Nothing like a bit of Thrift Store therapy!

4 comments:

  1. I've heard that too and bought a couple of jars yesterday for that purpose. I wonder if it works for raspberries and blueberries too.
    The free china is lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't see why not, it works wonderfully for the strawberries.

      Delete
  2. I'm going to try that strawberry tip as soon as mine ripen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After using this pyrex jar for a couple of weeks now I can say absolutely that it keeps the strawberries fresh for a long time.

      Delete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.