We had a storm, it must have been Saturday or Sunday night. There was quite a large limb fallen up by the mailbox on the gravel road which we didn't see until I went to fetch the mail last night, Monday.
I tried to move some of the broken branches off the road. Cars were able to get by and it was very hot last night so we left it until this morning to deal with it.
Poor husband isn't supposed to be doing anything heavy for another three weeks but he was able to use the pole saw too and between us we cut it up. We rested whenever we had to, which was often, but we did it. I was able to load the logs into the little trailer and tomorrow I will unload them in the woodshed in the cooler hours. This is me wielding the pole saw, in hot weather I cover up to keep both the sun and bugs off of me!
And here is a photo of my dear husband and I taken by DIL. It was taken in the evening to get good light but we were both pretty tired by then so not looking our best but a well composed photograph.
Happy 4th of July to any USA readers and hope the day is a great one for everyone!


Have a good day!
ReplyDeleteHi, I was able to catch up on your blog but not comment. Could be my browser, will look into it. I would have hated being covered in bugs, you dealt with it well. XXXXX
DeleteIt's a lovely photo and well done with dealing with the wood. It will come in useful, I am sure. xx
ReplyDeleteThank you and yes, we will burn the wood in winter. XXXXX
Delete