Sunday, July 30, 2023

I went and ordered one!

After my last post and a comment from a reader with a recommendation, I did some research and went and ordered something which will hopefully help with my stamping.

It is a Memory Keepers Precision Press Plus bundle.



As well as the stamping plate it also comes with a typeset board and letters, numbers and some characters. Plus it has a clip for stenciling and a stencil and a few stamps too.  Amazon US didn't have it but it is coming via Amazon Global from the Netherlands and will hopefully be here in time for my birthday.

I really hope it helps! It has mostly excellent reviews but also has a few negative ones so I guess I will find out this coming week.

I have read a lot of reviews and got some good tips so I am eagerly awaiting it's arrival.  It seems I am not the only one having problems with stamping.

Funny thing is the typeset and letters reminded me of a toy that was popular in my childhood.  A John Bull Printing set which had rubber letters and a typeset block.  Some things never change lol. I found an image on the internet, just as I remembered it. 


I just hope my arthritic fingers can deal with the smaller letters in the new set. Thankfully it comes with larger letters too as pictured below!


I got some bad news since my last post, my dear Grand daughter's husband has been very poorly in the hospital.  He had an infection in his brain which swelled and he was really ill.  He is on the road to recovery now but is still in hospital having rehab but this weekend he has been allowed to go home for a few hours each day and they are hoping next weekend he will be allowed to go home full time with home support coming in. He is only in his 30's and their son is only two and a bit.  It has been a frightening time for them all. He has lost a lot of his memory but some of it is coming back little by little and my grand daughter has well documented their life together so he has a lot of things to help him remember.

Will update both on the stamping and my grandson in law's progress soon.  Meanwhile any and all prayers will be appreciated for my grand daughter and her family.

5 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy it and get it quickly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, It arrived yesterday so in time for my birthday later this week.

      Delete
  2. So sorry to read about your Granddaughter's husband. We pray for his continued recovery. I think you will love your new stamp press. I have found that using a tweezer to pick up the letters to place themand/ or one of those pick up sticks that the same company makes is really helpful. Wishing you happy stamping. Cookie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cookie, do you have a blog too? I think I could learn a lot from you about card making.

      Delete
    2. Hi Maureen, I don't have a blog but would be glad to share info on cardmaking with you. Two people on Youtube that I've learned a lot from are Jennifer McGuire Ink, and Sasha Reade. They teach lots of great techniques. Cookie

      Delete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.