Saturday, January 13, 2024

It has been a rough month or more

 Christmas was very enjoyable with good food and lovely presents.  We were very thankful for that.

But, things have just kept going wrong.  The new streaming TV set up has caused us many problems and just when we thought we fully understood it all Youtube TV decided that the TV was not at it's home location so we couldn't watch some programs that we should have been able to.  Everything is linked to our cell phones and the phone wouldn't update the location even though we were sat right in front of the TV with it.  Very annoying!  But it seems to be OK right now.

Our waste pipes got clogged and we had to call the guys out who clean out pipes and they got their vehicle stuck in our back yard. Just a few weeks ago I blogged about our furnace going out.  That was fixed successfully albeit quite costly.

My UK bank card got flagged and I couldn't use it.  This was particularly troublesome as we pay some of our monthly bills using that card and it took weeks to get it unflagged and lots of costly cell phone calls to the UK.  And that brought up another problem as our new phone system provided through our new internet company does not do international calling but I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I could use my cell phone to make these calls....but it ain't cheap! 

They told me to put their bank app on my phone and I would have much more access to my bank details than I do on my internet banking. Well, that sounded good so I tried to get that working but at the exact time a call from the bank giving me the access code for the app, another call came in and the bank call went to voicemail and it was a one off deal!  Eventually spoke to someone in the UK who told me how to resolve that issue so that now works OK.

My husband had his surgery postponed and now we have to make the 300 mile round trip in really bad weather conditions in a weeks time.

There were other weird things happening too and it all culminated in me having to call an ambulance yesterday as I was having a rapid pulse and felt feint, nauseous and out of breath.  It seems I went into atrial fib too.  The hospital calmed it down and let me home and now I have to follow up with my doctor and see a cardiologist. The paramedics had problems getting an IV in the back of either of my hands and had to put one in at the crease in my elbow but I have two very black and blue backs of my hands.

Thinking it couldn't get much worse, this morning our current internet security which I thought I had taken off automatic renewal took an largish annual payment out of our account.  We did not intend to continue with this company so I was not happy about that.

I decided not to stress over it though as I did not want a repeat of yesterdays heart thing. 

We are in the midst of a very, very cold spell but are grateful for a warm home and warm meals.

Hope all is well in your worlds......

9 comments:

  1. Sorry for all the troubles! Hope things start looking up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope so too and congratulations again on your new grand daughter. XXXXX

      Delete
  2. Oh, my goodness, what a spell of bad things happening. Small wonder you are feeling stressed. Hoping you are able to rest and relax and de-stress and that things get better moving forward. Sending love. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to stop stressing over things now since that heart episode. Loved hearing about your cruise. XXXXX

      Delete
  3. Dang, I guess it has been a mess for you. So many things happening at once. I do like new fangled TV's and phones - thus I continue with the older models. Seems the new stuff gives a lot of grief.
    Sure hope all works out for you and you are OK. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, this streaming TV has certainly been a challenge but as we have cancelled our other provider and sent back the equipment I guess we have to persevere. There is certainly a lot more choice. XXXXX

      Delete
  4. You have had a time of it.
    I thought it was just me.
    I just turned 65, I spent my birthday in a Walgreens parking lot.
    I called AAA at 10:45 in the morning
    and they said it'll be an hour or so.
    They never showed up till almost 5 pm. In spite of repeated calls to them.
    I just had my car in the shop and had over three thousand dollars worth of older parts replaced.
    The on thing not replaced was the starter. Guess what died!
    I got a puppy and she was playing
    tug with me. She accidentally ripped my finger open.
    I had to get stitches.
    Three days later she tackled me from behind.
    She injured my knee and ankle.
    I walk with a cane so I couldn't get up and had to call my neighbors.
    So off to the ER again.
    A trip to the orthopedic doctor.
    A few days later a trip to the city
    by ambulance for a large stuck kidney stone.
    On the way home from the hospital
    a huge owl crashed through my car windshield.
    Then a friend was killed in a horrible accident.
    A relative died suddenly.
    Then my friend sent me a Christmas card telling me she has cancer.
    Then a few days agoy father in law
    Ended up in the hospital for a fib too . It's been a bit rough.
    Sometimes all you can do is
    pray and hang on.
    I hope things settle down for you.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goodness, my problems seem trivial compared to yours. Hang in there and keep praying. XXXXX

      Delete
  5. It is me, the writer of this blog and I don't seem to be able to comment as myself or reply to those who have kindly commented on my post so please know I appreciate you all and thank you for commenting.
    Maureen in MO.

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.