Monday, January 29, 2024

The sun is shining! Yay!

 It's been a cold gloomy few weeks here.  We travelled to the VA hospital the night before my husband's surgery and were able to stay in The Fisher House on the VA grounds.  What a lovely facility for families of veterans in the hospital. I was built last year and only opened late in the year.




There was an ice storm and so the hospital had very few employees able to get into work so his surgery was postponed to the next day.  Met some lovely folks, both guests and staff whilst we were staying there.  Surgery went well but stayed one more night as he had several appointments the following day there.

Lot's more appointments scheduled for the future.

I saw my doctor for the follow up after my trip to the ER and am awaiting a call to go get a heart monitor patch fitted which I have to wear for a week or more.

We found a new place to board our dog.  A lady in a town on the way to the hospital boards in her house and is extremely flexible with her hours so Maggie stayed there while we were away and seemed to be very settled there.  Much better for her than the vets boarding kennels where she is in a kennel all the time.

The sun is shining today and everything seems so much nicer with the sun on it.

I have been trying to not get stressed over things and taking time to enjoy things.  I watched Bambi 2 at the weekend and it was lovely.  I made a Thank You card and am generally taking things a bit easier.  Only one other episode that I was aware of and that was 8 days ago so fingers crossed.

And finally, our Kansas City Chiefs are going to the Super Bowl. Go Chiefs!!!

3 comments:

  1. Prayers for complete healing for you both. One moment at a time - you got this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Go Chiefs go!! Glad you found a way to home board your dog. We are lucky to have found someone who comes to our house several times a day to care and medicate the cats when we are gone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are able to take things easy and go slowly. xx

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.