The weather has been a tad weird this year so far. Right now it is very cold but by midweek we are having at least one day in the low 70'sF. We had some snow earlier this week which is still hanging around a bit as it hasn't warmed up enough to melt it all.
The beginning of the year is a busy one for cards. I have only made 4 so far. Two Valentines cards and two birthday ones. I make our valentines card and we each write our verses in them for the other. It's a win, win. I enjoy making them and it saves us money.
Just realised I didn't take photos, will be right back!
![]() |
| This one is both new and recycled materials. I used the front of a notelet card which must be at least 20 years old and glued it to the blank card and added the bow and the 'LOVE' |
![]() |
| This one was all my doing |
![]() |
| I also stenciled the envelopes |
The birthday cards are for my daughter and our daughter in law. They do not read my blog so I can post them on here. They are currently in the mail on their way to them.
On these cards I tried a new technique of shading using the brushes I bought last year. The pictures make the colors look darker than they actually are, they are nice subtle pastel colours. I wish I was a better photographer.
I have quite a few more to make but at least I have made a start on 2024 cards.
These are the brushes, they are lovely and soft with very fine bristles and not at all expensive. I paid less that $6 for 5 of them. They wash very well and dry just like new.
I hope things are going well in your lives and Spring will soon be here.









What lovely cards. It is always nice to get a pretty homemade one.
ReplyDeleteVery nice cards. I really like making them too!
ReplyDelete