Finally, I have started on Christmas! In the moving process, downsizing was my main concern. In the heat of July and August, Christmas was the farthest thing from my mind. I had a lot of stuff stored in our workshop, and I went through that and culled a lot of it, and sent it to auction. I kept what I wanted.
In the house, however, I had Christmas stuff stored that I definitely wanted to keep. It was clearly marked keep and where it was to be put when we got here.
Having sorted through all the Christmas stuff I have here in the past few days, there is at least one tote missing. It had lots of handmade things in it, made by both my mother-in-law over the years and myself over the 20 years we have been married.
It is nowhere to be found! Did it get left behind in the house or in the moving man? Who knows? I hope whoever has them enjoys them and they make their Christmas as special as they did ours. Thankfully, the nativity and Santa made it here so they are now out on display.
In the culling process I let my Christmas trees go. I wanted a new one and saw this one on a flash sale at Walmart. It is white and artificial, but it is lovely. Never had a white one before and I have been doing Christmas for 60 years now!
I put it up this morning and got the ornaments we have ready to put on it but I have to go and buy some lights for it. They went missing too!
But, here it is in all it's naked glory! I need to titivate it a bit but I am really happy with it and it cost a wopping $24. I do so love a bargain!
You can just see the cactus that just started flowering on the right of the picture. Not sure if it is a Thanksgiving or Christmas one but it sure has beautiful blooms.
Sorry you have misplaced some important things. The tree is lovely. I had a white one many years ago. It will be gorgeous!
ReplyDelete