Every year I pick up something from the Christmas stuff on sale, at much reduced prices, ready for the following year. This year, I had gone through all my Christmas stuff and downsized it because of lack of storage space in our new home. So I really didn't need any more!
I was discussing this with my husband, when I thought, 'Am I tempting fate by not sticking to tradition?' We both agreed it was better not to do that, so I dropped what I was doing and hi-tailed it to Walmart. I got a nice haul of wrapping paper and some nice sparkly bells to hang on our walls. Now I had bought a set of these bells before Christmas for nearly $7 and was happy with that price as they are really nice and sparkly, and I love sparkly! They were now $1.75 a set, so 3 more sets jumped into my shopping cart.
The wrapping paper fit into my wrapping paper container so no more space needed but the extra sets of bells needed a tote of their own. But my Christmas stuff is now really nicely organised and I hope the totes will all fit nicely back into the shed. And I kept up with my tradition, so all is good.
The house is back to normal. I miss the colourfulness of Christmas though! Only another 10 3/4 months and I can get it all back out!
Take care everyone!
Glad you found such a good deal. I haven't bought after Christmas stuff in several years now. Still have paper, boxes, cards and such.
ReplyDelete