Saturday, January 10, 2026

Making life a little easier

Our new home, now we are mostly sorted, is much easier to keep clean and tidy.  It doesn't get as dusty and dirty as our country home did and I was finding it difficult to keep on top of things when we lived there.

My daughter and her family usually club together and send me some cash for Christmas, which I really appreciate.

On a visit to our favourite fish and chips restaurant before Christmas I noticed that the person cleaning the tables was using what looked to be a motorised carpet sweeper to clean the floors. It was made by Shark and he said it was rechargeable,  It was doing a great job of picking up the bits from the floor.

I googled it when we got home.  It is what it looks like, basically, a motorised carpet sweeper and it claimed it was great for pet hair.

Maggie our white American bulldog, who we have had since she was 5 weeks old and is now in her 11th year, sheds little short white hairs all the time.

I took the plunge and purchased one from Walmart which had them on sale for $49.99.  The regular price is supposedly $69.99. I used some of the Christmas gift money from my family.  We put the rest toward a new hard drive for my husbands MAC mini which freed up his old one so I could use it in my MAC.


I have to say this thing is amazing.  It is lightweight, has a long handle, picks up all the bits and dog hairs and I can do the whole house on one charge.  I am not being paid for this review, just wanted to let other folks know how good it is. And, no cords to trip over.  It is a pleasure to use. Much nicer than using the vacuum cleaner.

On other fronts, we had our furnace/cooling system extended into the sunroom yesterday.  The furnace people came and put another ducting run under the floor into the sunroom.  During the daytime we leave the door into the sunroom open and the heat from the house and also the heat from the sun coming through the windows keeps it nice and warm but in the summer it isn't enough to keep the sunroom cool.  Also we close and lock the door into it at night, for added security, so it gets very cold in there overnight this time of year.  Hopefully, this will be the answer and nothing else needs to be done.  We had discussed putting a mini split ac/heating unit in there but that is a lot more expensive.  Fingers crossed this will be the solution.

Finally got caught up with all my chores and washing so planning a reasonably easy weekend and will watch some play off games.

Hope all is good in your worlds.

2 comments:

  1. Love that you got a deal on it and shared it with us. I have a cordless vacuum and it's just so nice not to need a plug. Wishing you a warm week with the new extra heat. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to get a deal... and it sounds excellent, just what you needed.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.