We are in the dog days of summer here. As we age we don't cope very well in the heat. My husband always loved the sun and heat but now he stays indoors most of the time, as do I.
There is a festival going on in town but we are not going because of the heat. Will be happy when it cools down a bit.
I had my birthday at the beginning of the month and I got a wind spinner for the back garden. I wanted a good solid one and it is lovely but it needs quite a lot of wind to make it work. I tried to upload a video of it working but to no avail. Here is a photo instead.
We have had a couple of bad storms the last couple of days so we got to see it in action. One storm last night hit quite badly less than a mile away from us. People who witnessed said it was like a tornado with debris flying around. I am sure glad it didn't make it here. and pray no one was hurt or incurred a lot of damage. I know trees were uprooted.
Got a good report from my kidney doctor this week. Everything is stable, actually, slightly improved. I still have chronic kidney disease, because, once the damage is done it is irreversible but it is not getting worse which is such a blessing.
My husband is getting a heart pacemaker fitted later this month, we knew eventually he would need one and that time has come. I think he will feel better afterwards as they set a minimum heart beat. For a long while his has been too slow unless he is in afib. I think when it slows down it sets off the afib, but I am not a doctor lol. But I hope I am right and the afib episodes become less frequent.
So, as I said, funny old times but life continues to be good and we are grateful we have made it this far.
Hope everything is good in your worlds.........
No comments:
Post a Comment
As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.