I did do a little on the machines yesterday. I tried ribbing on standard using every fourth stitch with thicker yarn. It was not too successful although not a total failure either, so more work needed to perfect that. I also tried mock rib on the bulky machine and that turned out well. I need to try tuck stitch on it with the thicker yarn to see how that goes, that's a job for another day.
I think that worsted weight (double knitting) will be the best to use on it overall but I do want to make a bulky cardigan for my husband as that is what he wants. Haven't found the yarn for that yet. It will knit '5' yarn OK but not the super bulky '6'.
I need to revisit Suzy's video on Cricketer's cable. I tried some cable on the bulky yesterday but it was pulling on the needles too much. I think her cable will be better to do on it.
Changing the subject, here are a few photos of leather stuff I did for Christmas gifts. I forgot to take pictures of a lot of the things I made though.
![]() |
| New handy dandy hole puncher made life a lot simpler |
The last keyring was one I had rejected as I made a mistake on it but I salvaged it for myself and managed to disguise the error. I really like it.
That's all for now. Another hospital trip tomorrow and then hopefully a little warmer weather coming in.





No comments:
Post a Comment
As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.