Saturday, February 15, 2014

This is how it has to be.

I have just read a post on Suzy's blog.  A great and detailed post about her Bond machine.  She is a very talented lady who owns several knitting machines and uses them all.  She has made many garments and other things on her machines.  I envy her.  I don't have the time I would like to spend with my machines.

I think about knitting all the time, I research a lot and read blogs etc about knitting.  That is easy for me to do, my computer is in my kitchen in a custom made computer hutch.  I can take five minutes here and there to do that and if I have to stop it's no big deal.  I blog too because I can do that in bits and pieces.

My knitting room is upstairs and I have two machines set up in the spare bedroom.  When I am up there I am in a world of my own, oblivious to anything else.  Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of the time to spend in there.

My husband is sick.  He has a chronic auto immune disease which is very debilitating.  He is currently having chemo treatment in a bid to slow it down.  This takes up a lot of our time going back and forth to the hospital 150 miles away.  Then on days he feels a bit better we try and catch up with the many jobs around the place that need doing.

My knitting is on a back burner. I do what I can when I can.  I just have time to try things right now but not complete anything.

This is how it has to be.  I am not going to grieve any more over not being able to machine knit as much as I'd like. Might have to go back to the knitting needles lol.

A life without machine knitting is much better than the alternative.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear this, Maureen. I hope things improve enough for you to get back to your machine eventually but of course there are more important things for you to think about right now. I realise how lucky I am.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.