I have started on the long promised cardigan for my husband. The back is done. Fronts and sleeves to follow........
I have to say I am impressed with how the SK155 bulky machine functions. It is a lot easier to correct a mistake than the SK700 4.5mm machine. It, of course, knits quicker too. All that said, I personally prefer garments knitted at ths finer guage so will continue to use the SK700 too. (it is my fave!)
I do have a question if anyone knows the answer. When you do tuck stitch can you put the little orange thingies on the knitting bed to stop the pattern and start it again like you an with lace knitting?
I would like to have a few stitches at each side that doesn't knit in tuck stitch, just stockinette but not sure if it is possible.
Thanks in advance.
You can't use the little orange things when you're using the main carriage as it won't run over them like the lace carriage does, it just gets stuck. If you're just wanting the end stitches not to tuck so that it's easier to sew the seams, you could try pulling the end needles all the way forward before knitting the row. If I remember right this makes them just knit plain instead of in whatever stitch pattern you've got the carriage set at.
ReplyDeleteThanks Suzy, I will give that a try. That's exactly why I wanted to do it so it would be easier to sew.
DeleteTwo fronts done now. Found Hallmark channel and watched re-runs of Golden girls while knitting this morning. I have started knitting early in the morning, my husband is usually catching up with his computer stuff then before starting on the many projects we have on the go so it gives me a window to knit. I find I can only do a couple of hours at a time anyway before my back really starts to ache. But this is progress indeed as I am getting some machine knitting done finally. Start on first sleeve in next day or so. Have a deadline of the 22nd October as that is his birthday.
ReplyDelete