It took me two sessions to complete a sleeve. Getting set up always takes me a while as I put everything away after each session and cover my machines etc. etc. So I knitted one sleeve up to the shaping in one session and finished it off in the second. I was really happy how it turned out. I got the patterning correct so it was central, followed the instructions (which I write out so I can tick off as I go) and it all went fine. Then when I got it off the machine I could see that I had forgotten to to put the right side punchcard lever to 'L' to make it elongated. I really need to get a light somehow on the actual knitting. I am using navy wool and the back of the desk is dark wood so you can barely see it as it is growing. I think I could have saved myself a lot of trouble if I could have seen it.
Methinks one of those newfangled LED lights which attach magnetically is in order. I can attach it behind the knitting and it will light it up......hopefully. I have one somewhere in the workshop. Off to find it before I start on the sleeves again.
Have to unwind the done one first though as I don't have enough yarn to finish without doing that.
Had a disastrous morning in the kitchen too so I think I will put off any knitting until tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment
As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.