We did not do the best job of planning for our old age so we live on a modest income. Not a complaint, just an observation. So when Christmas comes around we operate on a budget. I allocate a specific amount for each child and grandchild and like to make that allocation go as far as possible. I had talked in a previous blog about buying a sewing machine suitable for our 7 year old grand daughter.
I found a factory reconditioned Singer Pixie for $14.99. I couldn't believe my luck. There was enough money left in the allocation to buy sewing scissors, spools of thread, a tape measure and stitch ripper. I had some fabric so I made a bag for her to keep the notions in and also included some fabric I had.
Hence, her gift seemed much more than the other grandchildren's but moneywise, they were all the same.
Just got some pictures in my email of my grandkids in California taken today. My grand daughter is still wearing the jacket I knitted for her late 2011. Wow! A worthwhile project for sure.

No comments:
Post a Comment
As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.