I mentioned this to our neighbours recently and they went out bought two really cute gnomes for me.
And so that was the start of my gnome patch.
When we were in the bigger town (35 miles away) picking up supplies and shopping I bought another gnome. He is really cute too and a bit bigger than the other two. Well, the back of the van was already loaded up with big bags of cracked corn, deer supplements and grass seed. We had the dog with us and my husbands walker so there really wasn't much room for the shopping.
And wouldn't you know it, when I was loading in the shopping the gnome fell out! I was quite upset, it seemed like it wasn't meant to be for me to have a gnome patch.
I picked up the pieces and bought them home.
And later that evening I superglued them back on. There were gaps!
I didn't want him filling up with rain water so I got some plumbing putty and filled up the gaps and cracks. I am happy how he looks now and I will pick up some red spray paint at some point and respray the tip of his hat but for now he will do just fine.
Yesterday, I had to pop into our nearest town which is 15 miles away and his little brother jumped right into my shopping trolley!
When it stops raining I will get them outside into the patch.
Back to the knitting front, the hand knitted baby jacket is progressing nicely.
No comments:
Post a Comment
As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.