Friday, April 3, 2015

A Sampler quilt it will be! and how something simple can motivate

Two things happened over the past two days.

Firstly, we discovered the air conditioning on the vehicle wasn't working.  Here, in Missouri, that's a pretty important thing!  I went to our local repair shop to make an appointment for next week.  They always have little promotion giveaways on the counter.  This time it was one of those magnetic clip thingies.


These are great for attaching to the hanging threads when knitting.  I have one I bought from a yarn store but if I need more than that one then I usually use plastic clothes pegs but they don't have the weight.  So this little beauty will be great.  Now I am motivated to machine knit again! Weird eh? The best thing is that I can get another next week, (hope they haven't all gone by then!)

Secondly, one of the blogs I follow had an article on sampler Quilts.  Now I realize why my MIL made all those different quilt squares.  I will look out for some nice fabric to make strips in between the squares and a border and then I can make a Sampler quilt. As I mentioned in my previous blogs about making the baby quilt, these are my first attempts at making quilts, in reality I am quite clueless about quilting.  I am so glad I picked up a couple of quilting blogs to follow.

I will never aspire to make some of the beautiful quilts I have seen, I simply do not have the time but I will now make this sampler quilt to use the squares made by my MIL.

So not much achieved this week but at least now have some projects in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.