I did not have a good knitting day! Dropped a stitch after casting on, knitting 10 rows then doing all the transfers for a picot hem. I knitted another 10 rows and was about to hook up the bottom to form the hem when I noticed the dropped stitch! I couldn't pick it up with the latch tool. It had to be done from the machine side of the knitting and I just couldn't co-ordinate it.
I took it all off, and started again.. This time one of the stitches didn't cast on properly. I did the ewrap cast on and when I knitted the first row it didn't knit one of the stitches properly. It seemed to be around the same place as the dropped stitch so I checked the needle that didn't knit properly. I found the latch on the needle was getting stuck when it was flicked back so I decided to change it.
Couldn't remember how to! Then I remembered I had to take the sponge bar out to change it. The sponge bar seemed OK but I swapped it out for a new one just to be on the safe side.
Then I oiled the machine.
At this point I decided to quit and I will go back to it another day, probably Monday. Weekends are usually busy. In the meantime I am going to read up on the manuals just as a refresher.
I guess it is one of the pitfalls of not being able to get on my machines on a more regular basis. One forgets! or at least this one does.
I have just set my machine up after a couple of years of moving house and stuff I had to get out the instruction book and refresh myself on what to do now looking forward to getting going :-)
ReplyDelete