Tuesday was a good day. Yep, I am finally getting my new sewing machine. If you read my blog you know I have been lusting for a new one for 6 months now. I have battled with myself long and hard over this as it really isn't a necessity (I already have three machines but they are all quite old) and we have so many other things that we need to spend money on for the house and workshop. Anyway, it all came to be on Tuesday. First of all I got a $50 Amazon voucher for Mother's Day which is May 10th here in the US. So I searched Amazon for a sewing machine that was reasonably priced and would satisfy my lust. I found a re-manufactured Singer Sewmate for $95. It is a 60 stitch machine. I put it in my watch list.
Well, as every move we make on the internet is scrutinised by Google this item kept appearing on my Facebook sidebar. I was totally ignoring it as it still meant spending $45 and my guilt complex couldn't justify it. Then Tuesday night it popped up as $81. That meant I only had to add $31 to the gift voucher. Well, that did it. Guilt complex flew out of the open window and I ordered it.
It arrives tomorrow but we will be out all day at the hospital so I won't be able to get my hands on it until tomorrow night. It had mixed reviews, people either loved it and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread or they hated it. I hope I will be a lover of it!
Yesterday while my husband was hooked up the the Dr. Who-like machine getting his blood circulated to remove all the plasma and replace it with new I went and visited a sewing shop and a yarn shop in Columbia and had a lovely time browsing and talking knitting and sewing with the ladies in the stores.
Today we have to go take flowers to the cemeteries for Memorial Day on Monday. We take them for his parents, grandparents, great grandparents and some other family members. I am not from round here so my folks are buried in another country.
I did some machine knitting at the end of last week. I got the bodice knitted and attached to the skirt part on the one side of the fronts. I started to knit the skirt for the second front but for some weird reason the tuck stitch went awry so I took it off the machine and rewound the yarn. I will get back to it next week I hope.
And the last snippet which is a bit late on getting mentioned is that I picked up a flat screen monitor for my knitware computer in my sewing room at the city wide garage sale a few weeks ago. We decided to visit this town and go to the sales for a day out. A bargain at $10. So the old clonky screen that took up half of the desk is now history! (To be fair, Old Clonker has served us well for many, many years but it is sooooo big. We will store it out in the workshop for emergency use). Now to find a flat screen TV for the same sort of money and I'll be set up there.
So, as I said before, a funny old week but so far, a good one!

No comments:
Post a Comment
As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.