I have found out an awful lot I didn't know and have found out a lot more about the various sewing machine feet I have and what they actually do. I have a decorative foot with my older Singer that I didn't realise was different to a normal one and the zipper foot is adjustable for what side the teeth of the zipper are. So, an old dog can learn new tricks!
I did purchase some fabric and a pattern on Sunday to make our nearly 8 year old grand daughter a skirt. Her favourite colour of the day is dark pink so I found some lovely pink fabric with white polka dots which I am sure she will love. The pattern has options and I am going to make the one with the yoke. It also has a full circular skirt so she will be able to twirl and it will flare right out. She likes things like that.
I bought white ric rac to do the two lines of trim and am now on the look out for some pre-gathered white cotton Broderie Anglaise lace about 1" to 1.5". For the life of me I couldn't remember what it was called. One of those names that I knew that I knew but just couldn't pull it to the fore. Thank goodness for the internet! Although it is also referred to as eyelet lace and that is how I found it.
| Patterns are much cheaper now than they used to be |
| View B is the one I am making this time |
| The new machine in situ. |
I a sure its going to look fab :-)
ReplyDelete