Monday, July 20, 2015

I am making a little progress on the skirt

I did manage to get some time in my sewing room last week.  I got the skirt for my grand daughter cut out and started to sew it together.  It has two rows of bric brac around the skirt.  It is a full circle skirt and I hadn't really noticed how much was on the reel so had to pick up some more when we were away for hospital appointments.  (It was deceptively packaged so it looked like there was at least three or four yards and I thought I had more than enough).

I tacked on the first row and only had enough for half of the second row so yesterday whilst watching Nascar I tacked on the rest of the bric brac and pinned then tacked up the hem and tonight I pinned and started tacking the broiderie anglaise around the bottom ready to stitch it all up on the machine.

The skirt has a dropped waist so I have to edge the seams on the machine of the top of the skirt before I can attach it to the bottom full skirt then it will just need the elastic putting through the waistband.

I like sewing, it is quicker to make a sewing project than a knitting one so for me with limited time to spend on these projects it is more rewarding.

I also bought a pattern for a baby dress for her baby sister and I am pretty sure I have enough fabric left to be able to make it.

We will be visiting them next month and I will be taking her great grandma's Brother sewing machine to her and we can have sewing sessions.  I am looking forward to that very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.