Recently I joined a machine knitting Facebook group and the yearn to knit again is overwhelming.
Why can't I find the time?
Well, first of all there is Maggie, the new puppy who is now 12 and a half weeks old and very active. (She does take naps but then I have to catch up on other chores). She is getting better behaved every day which is a blessing.
The cooking, washing, cleaning etc. etc etc.
There are the many hospital trips we have to make, but I am happy to do whatever it takes to help my husband and his doctors manage his horrible disease.
But the main distraction right now is the Asian beetles that are invading our home. They are terrible this year, absolutely awful!
We bought infra red bug traps, we have copious amounts of menthol and camphor all over the place but they still keep coming. The late warm and sunny weather doesn't help.
It involves hours of vacuuming every day, not just regular whip round with the vacuum type but intense into every nook and cranny with the crevice tool type. It exhausts me but it has to be done.....every day.
We have researched and researched and the vacuuming is about all we can do. It doesn't stop them coming in, it justs rids us of the previous 24 hours deluge of them. They will continue to swarm until it gets cold and cloudy and stays that way but the ones that are already in will stay in and we will have to deal with them. They do not vacate until April but hopefully they will slow down so that my life can resume to some sort of normality.
Meanwhile, I am plodding on with the crochet granny squares in the evenings if I have enough energy left.
How awful Maureen, you must be exhausted with caring for everyone and then horrible bugs,, thinking of you and hoping the monsters subside.xxx
ReplyDeleteThanks, was a bit of a rant because I was feeling sorry for myself lol. In much better spirits now.
ReplyDelete