I have been trying to get our families to let us know what they and the children would like for Christmas. All the grandchildren have plenty of clothes and toys. I like to get them something they really want. As we don't see any of them very often it is difficult to know. Same thing with my husband, I asked him to do an Amazon wish list for ideas for himself.
What response have I had so far? Nothing, nought, zilch, nada!
So as all our money goes into one pool, said presents are bought out of it.
So, as I know exactly what I want, I went ahead and ordered mine this morning. I ordered the Sizzix die cutting machine and some dies. I had bought some felt on the weekend so I will be ready to go on Christmas Day. Special thanks to my blogging friends Marie and Dawn for their help and advice on the machine and dies.
But I am overcome with feelings of guilt. Now I may get over that when the parcels arrive but for now I feel bad.
When they arrive, I will check they are all OK and then put them away. I am a stickler for not having presents until Christmas Day. As I made the rule, I have to stick by it lol.
Maggie is doing great, she is 15 weeks old now. Boris and she are getting along much better.
See the little spotted guy sitting on the dresser, he has been with me for many years. He came with me from England to Canada and then to the US. He is by far the best behaved of the bunch lol.
Have managed another couple of granny squares this past week but no knitting or sewing alas.

great news on the sizzix you will have to watch in the sales for dies, I dont ask any more what anyone wants I make them something I am looking at making some neck ties for the men folk, fleece hats for the little ones, fleece gum boot liners for the ladies there all sorted :-)
ReplyDeleteI haven't had chance this year to make gifts so it will be bought items. I think that sometimes our home made gifts are not really appreciated. I really don't like giving money as it is so impersonal but for the older grandkids I will do that so they can get what they want. The younger ones I want to buy gifts for. It would be much easier if the parents put up an Amazon wish list for them then all the family could buy from that. Have made the suggestion but so far no response. They all have busy lives and I understand that so will wait patiently, well sorta patiently. I am working on my shortcomings lol.
Delete