Friday, December 11, 2015

A little bit of sewing, a few granny squares, some winter cleaning, writing of Christmas cards, some online shopping and a partridge in a pear tree

Well, been a busy couple of weeks.  Several hospital appointments, (done now till the new year), lots of puppy chasing, Christmas shopping, house cleaning, etc. etc. etc.

Christmas cards are all written and will be mailed tomorrow.  Most of my Christmas shopping has been done online, not very personal but oh so convenient!  I didn't make any Christmas gifts this year, next year I plan to make at least our own Christmas cards and some ornaments.

I did make a Christmas bag for our newest grand baby, Vivi.  I sewed on the letter 'V', as I have sewed on each grandchilds's initial on all the other bags, but it looked a bit bare, needed something to make it pop.


On a trip into town I found some lovely Christmas buttons on closeout for 10c each.  I bought them all up, about 22 of them and sewed four onto the letter V as below. Popped it right out!



Maggie is 17 and a half weeks now and a right royal pest sometimes, but still adorable.  She has gone past the cute puppy stage into the gangly phase.



A couple more granny squares done and that about sums up the past few weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.