It's been a hectic couple of days, Christmas day was busy with opening presents and playing with the dogs with the new toys and going to our neighbours. The dogs didn't fare too well from the ham bones we bought them. Boris was sick and Maggie got the poops. So lot's of cleaning up after Boris and running outside with Maggie. They both seem Ok now thankfully.
To make matters worse, we got a puncture Christmas Day. We were at the neighbours when one of them came and asked if we knew our tyre was flat. It was OK when we left the house because my husband always checks the tyres when we go anywhere. The neighbours are only half a mile away so we must have got it between ours and theirs.
They pumped it up for us and we got home with it after a very enjoyable afternoon at their place.
Yesterday, I was able to drive it into town to get it looked at. We had to replace it, the tyre wall was damaged. They tyre bay was heaving, it was like everyone from miles around needed their tyres fixing, so that took quite a while.
We also sat and watched the final Hobbit movie, that was very enjoyable and the Dr Who Christmas special.
So one way or another I never got to try out my new Big Shot machine.
But today is the day!
Pictures will be added when I have it up and running and tried it.
waiting in anticipation :-)
ReplyDeleteNothing too exciting yet. I did dig out my embroidery threads last night so I can sew up the Gingerbread man.
DeleteMy Big Shot Plus will sit and wait until the house is empty, if I touch it I will be lost. I am itching to try it out though.
ReplyDeleteI am sure you will enjoy it. You do a lot of quilting too so it will be great for cutting out the pieces.
DeleteYou will love your big shot machine - I had one for my 60th birthday in November and it is brilliant because each shape cut is so precise. The problem is now buying all the different sizes and shapes of dies - I have to keep saving up for the next one that I need (want!) and then sending for them. I hope you get chance to play with your machine and that you enjoy it xx
ReplyDeleteHi Trudie, nice to hear from you. I know what you mean about the price of the dies, but my other blogging friends say to keep a look out for them going on sale. I know Amazon do sometimes, I bought my last embossing folder for just $2 shipped. I know the dies are a lot more expensive though.
Delete