Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Compared to my blogging friends I am just a pretender

I haven't been posting much at all lately but I read all the blogs I follow every day faithfully.  I feel like such a pretender because I hardly make anything these days.  A lot of it is circumstance but have to admit that some of it is lack of mojo.

I did manage to sequester our neighbour's son and two of his friends to bring my treadle machine cabinet over from the workshop and upstairs into my sewing room on Monday. It got wet from the rain in the process so I have left it until today so it thoroughly dries out.

Today, hopefully, is the day I get it all set up.  First I have to give the rest of it a good polish and oil the machine again.  I am hoping all the repairs I did to the cabinet hold up and it will be a go.

I am excited to do this and this has been the first time lately I have felt motivated.  I love making things so much that I feel guilty for feeling happy when everything around us is not going so well.

I think this is why I haven't been making things and I have to work to get over this silliness.

I was somewhat inspired also by a video I saw this morning of Josh Turner's 90 something year old grandma playing her piano at the Grand Ole Oprey.  I am sure she has faced a lot in her life but she was up there playing like a champ.  God bless her.

If she can pursue her love of the piano then I am sure I can pursue my love of making things.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog title really caught my attention. I think I knew what it was going to be about and knew I would relate to this post. The thing that is wrong with your thinking is "compared to my blogging friends". I used to do that. Almost feel guilty that I was enjoying seeing what they all were accomplishing while I had nothing to show. Everyone goes through a dry spell. God knows you have a lot of other things to occupy your mind. What I have found is that while others spend great time creating, I am STILL creating even if I am slower about it. It can be overbearing to try to fit big projects into a time like this. Try thinking smaller.

    Best wishes for your husband's health.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, your words are always a comfort.
      XXXXX

      Delete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.