Yesterday, I made it up to the sewing room to start on getting the treadle sewing machine set up. I was taking stuff off of the table top that I had spanning two short filing cabinets to make a desk. The plan being to remove the top and put the treadle machine in between the two said cabinets.
Honk, honk, I hear and look out the window to see the Fed ex truck outside.
I went to get the parcel which I expected was the protein powder and vitamins I had ordered from Sam's Club. It was indeed a parcel from Sam's Club.
You have to remember that we are pretty housebound right now with my husband's compromised immune system and current heart problems so it seemed like the easiest thing would be to order the powder. We usually pick it up when we go to the VA hospital but I forgot last week.
So Sunday night I ordered it online. Chocolate protein powder. We always buy chocolate because that's the flavour we like. We do not like vanilla. Protein powder isn't the nicest tasting thing anyway but my husband believes the protein helps with his nerve and muscle disease and at least the chocolate flavour is drinkable.
What showed up? Why, vanilla of course! I checked the order again and it was for chocolate so genuine mistake by them I think, they will put it right I think. Well yes, I can return it, by Fed Ex at their expense but I have to deliver it to a Fed ex depot. Hrrmm! The nearest one is 45 miles away!
So I tried calling them and got left on hold for 34 mins, and I have the photo to prove it! They never picked up and I eventually just hung up. I emailed them twice and have not had a reply.
So now there is steam coming out of my ears and battle will commence!
UPDATE:
When I checked my blog I saw that I hadn't actually posted this so I can report that indeed battle ensued and Sam's Club have arranged for pickup of the parcel tomorrow.
Not sure whether they are replacing with correct item or refunding, have sent email #4 to ascertain that. Will report back in due course.
And needless to say, nothing done on the sewing machine again today!
OMGosh!! Sad that you have to go through so much BS to fix the mistake they made. I'd get on speaker phone so I would not have to be tied to having it to my ear and when you finally get someone to answer ask for a supervisor. You should also send a letter/email to customer service to complain. Not so much about the incorrect shipment, but about their Customer Service!! This kind of thing really ticks me off! Good luck.
ReplyDeletexx, Carol