We got the new tank installed with the help of our neighbour. He is younger than us but has problems with his feet so it was also hard going for him. We were very grateful as we couldn't have done it with out his help.
The plumbing still continues to be a problem. Once it was all fitted back together it was leaking. The next day we went to town and got some replacement pipes and couplings and my husband fitted them. They still have a tiny leak. We are not going to do anything until this coming week as we are waiting for a new filter cannister to arrive which he will fit in front of the tank. When we took the old one out a lot of sediment had built up in it which may have caused the leak in the tank. In a bid to reduce this we are putting in the filter cannister. We will work on the slight leak at the same time. I say 'we' but in essence it is my husband who does all the work, I just be there to pass him things and sort out the fittings.
Last week he went for his plasmatheresis treatment. It is an all day process so a long day with the traveling to and fro. He gets this once a month now. He really shouldn't be doing all this heavy work but we just can't get people to come out and do it. There is a dire need for plumbers, electricians and construction workers in these parts.
Nothing on the 'making' front I am afraid, just do not have the time or energy lately.
We are in our stormy season and Maggie, our American Bulldog just hates storms. They scare her and make her very nervous and put her off her food. Much comforting and petting is going on to keep her settled.
I watched the Royal wedding yesterday. I really enjoyed it, it is good to see jolly old England. I miss it a lot but I chose to live here with my wonderful husband and here I will stay. I get my England fix every day from my blogging friends there so all is good.
Must get back into making things soon.........
I really do hope that you manage to get the plumbing sorted this week, sounds like quite the process. I enjoyed the wedding coverage, it is a lot of years since I visited Windsor but it is a beautiful town.
ReplyDeleteGosh I hate it when Terry has to mess with plumbing. I want new fixtures, but don't want him to have to mess with it all. I didn't know you are from England. I imagine you really DID enjoy the wedding. I'm really glad to see Harry so happy.
ReplyDeletexx, Carol
we had a leak when we put in our new shower. Hubby is a good maintenance man, he used to work at doing all these things, thank goodness , we can't afford to have them paid for
ReplyDelete