However, with the onset of the hot weather I realised we needed thick curtains to keep the heat out. In prior years, I confess, that I hung a thick towel over the wire for the nets to block out the sun in July and August but this year it got hot in May! But it is still cooling down at nights so it makes sense to open the window at night and this was difficult to do with the towel in place.
So, as luck would have it, when we were sorting out the shop I found some fabric that I had stored away and had forgotten about. It was perfect for the job.
| Couldn't get photo to turn the right way!!!! |
The fabric was very thick and difficult to sew through more than two thicknesses on the sewing machine so there was quite a bit of hand sewing involved. Each of the loops had to have the ends turned in by hand and then attached to the curtains by hand. I added the buttons to break up the plainness.
It was nice to make something again!
They look lovely well done. The buttons set them off.
ReplyDeleteJust catching up. The buttons make a lovely addition, they look lovely.
ReplyDeleteHow do I follow you? I know i get your blog some where
ReplyDelete