Monday, July 9, 2018

It's been a busy time!

We have had a busy month or more.  Firstly, getting ready for family to visit.  You know how that is, have to make the whole place sparkle!  Silly, because the family is just happy to see us and us them but it is how we are.  So my husband tackled the outside mowing and I did indoors.

Then the visit which was lovely.  The children grow so fast, so there is such a big difference when we see them each year.

I showed the treadle sewing machine to our granddaughter and daughter in law and they both wanted to try it. 

The daughter in law is a professional photographer so takes pictures of everything!  She doesn't care if your hair is out of place or you are in your tatty clothes, she just snaps away.

Some of her photos this time:-

A cushion made on the treadle by our grand daughter

Using the treadle machine, she aced it!


Maggie playing with one of her favourite sticks

A day at our good friend's lake house

We took a trip to our good friend's lake house and the family got to try out all of his cool lake toys.  It was a wonderful day for all topped off with great barbecue from our host Bruce.  Beef tenderloin steaks and pulled pork.  So delicious!

So that's what we've been up to this past month.

Back to VA this week twice, 3 appointments and plasma exchange for my husband. Back to reality!

2 comments:

  1. we do the same thing clean every thing up before our kids come

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you had a great visit. Who cares if your DIL took candid pics. You look great. I'm growing my hair so I can braid it like you have. I was glad to see how long yours is so I don't have long to go!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.