Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Thrift shop treasures

I have stopped going to garage sales, auctions and thrift stores because, quite frankly, we already have too much stuff!

However...........something told me to pop into our nearest Thrift Store today when I was in town.  A sixth sense or something like that.

I got 2 jigsaw puzzles, both 1000 pieces, an 18" doll, not an American Girl doll, but one of the  copycats, a set off embroidery rings, some green ribbon and a pair of big bum jeans.  All for the princely amount of $4.

I have had a hankering to do a jigsaw puzzle for a while now so they will be perfect. One of them for sure should be complete as it stated so on the box.

The doll will be a model for the doll clothes I want to make for our grand daughter.  I have looked on the internet and there are lot's of free downloadable patterns for these dolls.  I had mentioned in a previous post I would keep an eye out for a doll and I had looked on Facebook market place but couldn't find one under $40 so I am extremely happy with the $1 I paid for this one.

The embroidery rings will be used to make a dream catcher like the one I saw here on Artsy Fartsy's blog.

How to make a dream catcher using doilies

The ribbon will be used when making my Christmas cards this year and lastly the big bum jeans will come in handy this winter.

They are not pictured as they went straight into the washing basket.  I didn't try them on so if all else fails I will use the fabric from them for one thing or another.  For $1 it was worth the gamble.  They are a good brand and show no signs of wear.

The doll has some home made clothes on and I think the previous owner may have given her a hair cut but it is very well styled.  Her hair is actually lovely and very thick.


I was very happy with my little excursion into the Thrift Store today.

Hospital appointment for my husband's plasma exchange later this week.  He felt a little better for a couple of days but has been pretty worn out today.  The appointment is on my 70th birthday so we will travel up tomorrow night and go for a nice meal before he has to get it done the next day.  He won't be up for much afterwards.  

Had some pretty nice weather the past week or more, very welcome but unusual for this time of year. No doubt it will heat back up soon.


2 comments:

  1. Great finds at great prices. Gerard and I enjoy a jigsaw. Hope all goes well with the plasma exchange and wishing you a wonderful 70th Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. Best wishes for a safe trip and a lovely evening together.

    I feel the same way about going to garage sales etc. I have so much to dispose of myself. Our thrift shops are not that reasonable. Sometimes things cost as much as you can buy them new at Walmart. But you got some great finds! Glad you are posting more.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.