Sunday, August 5, 2018

The doll now has a name and also some knickers!

I always name things so it was inevitable that I gave the 18" doll a name.  She is now named 'Fern'.

She also needed some knickers.  I searched the internet and found several patterns for 18" doll clothes including one for knickers.

I didn't have the proper elastic lace the pattern called for so I improvised with some stretch lace I had but it wasn't stretchy enough so it puckered a little.

But until I make some more, these will do and Fern's dignity is intact.




Poor Fern is a little lopsided, her legs are a bit off sync but she makes a great model.

I now also have patterns for a t shirt, a skirt and a dress so I am looking forward to making them too and some more knickers. I have some ideas to make the lace better.  I will look for some knitted patterns for cardigans and sweaters too.

I will make two of everything, that way the second one should be perfect to give to my grand daughter for her doll and I will keep the first made of them all for Fern and my grand daughter can play with them when she visits.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea to make two of everything. I am sure Fern will become a firm favourite with your Grand daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fern is happy to get her private parts covered! lol I like her name and I like that she will be happily waiting for your grand daugter's visit when she can happily show off her new clothes.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.