Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Update on the update

This was the still to do list:-

Put up inside decorations and little tree

Gifts for 5 grandkids and other daughter to order

Wrap gift for littlest grandchild and mail

Find another gift for husband

Get something for Maggie the dog

Get rest of food shopping

Make Christmas cake and shortbread

The first 5 things have been done.

Here is Fern in all her new clothes before I wrapped her to send to our youngest grand daughter


Undies and top first



Now with skirt


And finally with jacket, shoes and hat.

I have started making an apron I promised my good friend and neighbour I would make her for Christmas. I have been putting it off but today I bit the bullet and cut it out and started sewing it.  It involves using a lot of bias binding but the sewing machine is struggling as it seems to be coated with something to stiffen it so it isn't going too quickly.




I am making View C



4 comments:

  1. My hubby makes sure he picks his out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm behind on reading my list. I always wished I had taken up knitting when I was younger, but I went the crochet way instead. I love your little knitted outfits. I like to wear an apron when I cook, but I'm so messy I go for a chef's apron that has gained a lot of stains over the years.

    Thanks for the info on the roast. I am going to the butcher this weekend. It's been a long time since I roasted a rump roast.
    Merry Christmas
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've been really busy. I'm sure your granddaughter will love the doll and her new clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fern is a beauty, I imagine she was very well received by your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.