Well, that is not quite literal as no dusting has been done yet but all the Christmas stuff has been taken down and put away. I took the time this year to reorganise my totes as things had got quite mixed up. Now I have outside lights and the big outside ornaments plus inside lights in one, stuff that I really don't bring out anymore is in another, what I used this year for the tree is in another and all surplus tree ornaments in another in case I ever get a bigger tree. These are back in the workshop. I have a tote full of handmade ornaments and my new nativity set which will be stored indoors. The tree stays indoors too, it has been taken apart, wrapped in clingfilm to keep it nice and tight so it could go back in the box.
I had made much more effort this year and really enjoyed having the Christmas tree and lights etc. up. Hopefully I will feel up to it again next Christmas.
We went last week to the VA hospital for my husband to have the cardioversion (heart shocked under anaesthetic). It took 2 shocks to get his heart back into normal rhythm but alas it didn't last. He went right back into atrial flutter the same night.
He goes for the 2 ablations on the 14th, it will be several months after before we know if it has worked because the scar tissue has to build up in his atrial chambers for it to stop the misfiring of his heart. It isn't guaranteed but hopefully it will work.
Meanwhile, we plod on and are grateful that it is winter and the grass doesn't grow because he could not do much outside right now. I think last year was his last hurrah for doing manual work. He accomplished so much getting the work done on the house and landscaping. That might have been the cause. He has had arrhythmia for quite some time but it certainly escalated last autumn (Fall) to the point that he gets so out of breath all the time now with the slightest exertion. His sleep is interrupted with it too. He really isn't very well right now
I can do a lot of the mowing but I am not able to do any hard physical stuff as my knee gets so sore.
We are debating on putting the house up for sale again, we will know better after he has his heart procedures.
It must have been so disappointing that the medical procedure didn't have any lasting effect and my fingers are crossed for the next process.
ReplyDeleteWell done for getting things sorted out. I hate taking decorations down but it's always a relief when it's done.
xx
I do not like taking them down either but you are so right, it is a relief when it is done.
DeleteHow disappointing that the procedure didn't work hopefully the next round of treatment will have a lasting effect.
ReplyDeleteThank you and I wish the same for you.
Deletepraying sweetie
ReplyDelete