He was on the operating table for four hours. The doctor spoke with me after and said it went well but it takes 3 months before they can tell if it has worked. They implanted a loop monitor in his chest which monitors his heart all the time and records any anomalies and transmits them and an EKG every evening. Pretty nifty in my opinion.
He started with a temperature last night so he has to stay in again tonight and they will review again in the morning. He is sleeping a lot but has eaten today. Yesterday he didn't eat at all. I can stay in the room with him, there is a chair that folds down into a bed, not the most comfortable but I am grateful to be able to stay with him.
Hoping his temperature goes down so we can leave tomorrow as the weather turns nasty on Friday and I don't want to drive the 150 miles home in the freezing rain and snow.
I have played an awful lot of practise scrabble games in the past two days.
I hope he gets to go home soon. Glad everything went well. Take care
ReplyDeletepraying this works
ReplyDeleteSending positive and healing vibes/prayers for a speedy and happy recovery and that things are well for him to come home today.
ReplyDeletexx
You are in my prayers. Take care on the drive home and look after yourself.
ReplyDelete