Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Oh the irony!

Yesterday, New Year's Eve, I made myself a treat.  Scotch eggs.  Now for my British blogger friends these are easily available in the shops and therefore probably not deemed to be anything special but here in the US you have to make them if you want them.

The first time I made them here was in October 2017 when we purchased an air fryer, it was the first thing I made in it.  The second time I made them was yesterday and the darned air fryer gave up the goat.  It made some weird noise and then quit, right in the middle of them cooking!

The irony is, Scotch eggs were the first and last thing cooked in it.

I did finish them off in the oven and they were delicious.  I made three, one for yesterday, one for today and one for tomorrow.  They should get me by for another year or so.


I will not be replacing it, it was quite big and took up a lot of worktop space.  We have since purchased a microwave combi type oven that has a convection cooking setting so I will use that in future.

5 comments:

  1. Lol that is funny! BTW I can't remember the last time I cooked Scotch Eggs. I have a feeling it might have been back in Home Economics and that was a looonnnggg time ago

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, dear, but I am glad the eggs worked out fine.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year. You now have me thinking about scotch eggs and really fancying trying to make them in my new air fryer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just bought a air fryer! what are they good for? Cooking wise?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum...Scotch eggs area great treat! I never got an air fryer, but I would replace my microwave with a convection combo unit. I love convection. Ihave to say the air fryer didn’t last long. Happy New Year!
    Xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.