I am writing this whilst doing my first of two sessions today on the knee bending machine. 2 hours each session makes for a lot of time on the machine we have nick named 'The Rack"
It sits on the bed and my left leg is strapped in and the machine just keeps bending it back and forth. I started of at a range of motion of 60. I have been gradually increasing it daily and am up to 85. I need to get past 90. Slow baby steps! I have this machine for three weeks so am making the most of it.
I am able to get around more but have to use the walker. I have been able to do a little to help my husband out.
Still very uncomfortable and sore but it is improving slowly and for that I am grateful. The swelling isn't going down very fast though.
So, still nowhere near the "I am so glad I got this done" stage of the proceedings but feeling like progress is being made.
The doc did say the first two weeks would be totally miserable. He was not wrong lol.
Loved that machine...hook.it up and get a book and let it do it's thing...I had to get to 105 !
ReplyDeleteMy dad used something similar when he did his knee in ages ago. It's quite hypnotic watching it and he said it did make a big difference. Hoping it helps you as much as it helped him.
ReplyDeletexx
Hang on in there, I am sure it will get better. Stay strong.
ReplyDeleteHugs
ReplyDeleteHang in there. Hoping things will get better!
ReplyDelete