I have been ordering my groceries online for quite a while and this week when I went to pick up my order I needed to go in to go to the optical shop to get my glasses adjusted.
I saw they had some summer clothes on sale so I took a look. The store wasn't crowded and almost everyone was wearing a mask so I didn't think it was too risky.
I found 2 skirts that had been reduced from $18 each to $3 each. It would have probably cost at least that to purchase the buttons on them so it was a no brainer. They jumped right into the shopping trolley.
One is shown here and the other is black with fine stripes.
They were both a little on the large size waist wise so I put some elastic through the waist bands and they fit perfectly with plenty of gather.
My sewing room now looks like this:-
The treadle machine was under the window previously, where the organ now sits. The pathway is between the organ and the treadle machine but as I only ever play the organ when I am alone (as I am not good at all) my husband walking through is no longer a problem. I can sit in my little enclave and sew to my heart's content without disturbance on whatever machine I choose.
Oh such bliss!!!
I really am quite child like when it comes to my sewing and knitting machines. I just love to play!




That's an amazing space, how fantastic for you. xx
ReplyDeleteThanks, yes I am very happy with the new arrangement. Should have done it years ago.
DeleteYou have a nice space. I love my space too. I put a brew station in our walk in closet so I don't have to walk through the house in the AM to get a fresh cup. I am the only coffee drinker here.
ReplyDeletexx, Carol
Handy things these brew stations lol. One upstairs for us is a life saver. My husband uses the chair lift so needs two hands to hold on to it so carrying a cup of anything is not possible for him and I have to use the rail to get up and down. So nice to be able to make a drink upstairs where we spend a lot of our time.
DeleteYour sewing room looks super tidy and organised. I like the choice of machines you have.
ReplyDeleteThanks, I have another two stashed away too. One was a gift a long time ago but still works great, another a $15 auction buy which the light doesn't work on and it doesn't do many fancy stitches but it is a workhorse and great for big items like curtains etc. The treadle cost me $75 and a lot of hard work to bring it back to life but is my "in case the world goes to pot and the electric goes out machine" and also my pride and joy. The Singer Sewmate is a refurbished one paid for with a gift certificate I received for my birthday plus a few of my own dollars. I always try to be frugal with my purchases.
Delete