The last two weeks have just flown by. A lot of time was spent in my sewing (and knitting) room, setting up and testing the new machine, re-organising my yarn, looking online for missing parts and manuals and so on and so forth. I did manage to get a swatch knitted for a baby jacket but I am not totally sold on it so am going to try a different pattern. I also set up the new to me ribber on my other machine and it works like a charm, I was so happy about that. This week we both had hospital appts. on Monday, Tuesday I had to take the vehicle into town to get a tyre repair done , Wednesday we drove a round trip of 300 miles for my husband to get his second Covid vaccination and Thursday and today he has been having flu like symptons and also tiredness and weakness which apparently can happen after the second jab.
As we sleep downstairs and he is running a temperature I decided not to try my garter carriage today. The needle for it arrived this week along with the sponge bar for the machine so really I am ready and eager to try it out but it is upstairs and I wouldn't be able to hear him if he called out.
So instead I got my wool winder stuff out and decided to wind some wool into cakes. I think that is the correct term!
All was going well until the whirly gig thing broke! Once it cracked it wouldn't support the mast.
Bummer! I thought. I hadn't anywhere near wound all the yarn I wanted to.
How to fix it? I knew superglue wouldn't hold it, there is a lot of pressure on it when the thing is spinning around and being pulled on by the wool winder so it needed something stronger to go around the plastic. Ah ha! Would a jubilee clip work I wondered. I trotted out to the workshop and found a suitable sized one and Yay! it did the trick and I was able to continue on and get all my wool wound.
I forgot to take a photo of it while it was still assembled but here it is so you can get the gist. I hope it works for the long term.



I'm sorry he's feeling rough but how fab to have had the second vaccine. Excellent.
ReplyDeletexx
Thats wonderful that he has had the 2nd jab but so sorry to read he is having side effects. That was quite the distance you had to travel.
ReplyDelete