Wednesday, August 4, 2021

All a bit blah right now!

It has been just over 4 weeks since my fall where I hurt my right leg quite badly.  The swelling is mostly gone except on the knee itself which is also still bruised. It gives way on me a lot so I am still using the rollator.  Sometimes I forget and walk off without it but the thought of another fall smartly reminds me.

I saw my knee doctor just over 2 weeks ago and I am scheduled for total knee replacement mid September. They wanted my leg to be fully recovered before they do the surgery.  

We are in the very hot time of year and I am feeling a bit like a wilting flower.

So my mojo has left me right now.  I go through periods of not wanting to do much at all and then feel guilty and over do things.  Can't seem to find a happy medium.

It was my birthday on Monday and we went out for a nice meal and a mooch through a Thrift store.  I found some fabric to add to my stash.  Have you noticed how expensive fabric has become?????  My goodness, I nearly fell through the floor when looking for fabric to make the night shirt for my husband.

I got a really nice sewing machine bag for my birthday and will use it for the lovely Brother machine I got earlier in the year from the Thrift store. Now all my machines will have their own cases or bags.  I like to keep them covered when not in use.

At the thrift store he saw a pair of curtains made from a very nice patterned thin cotton.  He asked if there would be enough fabric in them to make the night shirt and I think there just may be. So when my mojo comes back that will be a project. The curtains were the princely sum of $3.50.  They are actually very nice and would look great in our upstairs bedroom but we have perfectly good curtains there already. Also I want to make a couple of short skirts just to wear around our place.  When we go out I wear long skirts but they are a tad hot in this weather to wear all day.

My husband, on the other hand, comes to life in this weather and despite his disabilities he has been getting jobs done outside.  He was out with the chain saw this morning thinning out some trees! He is a trooper for sure.

Hoping for a quick return of my mojo.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.