Wednesday, December 8, 2021

A little bit of creativity

I have written and mailed off my overseas Christmas cards.  I realised that I didn't have enough for the USA ones.  Hmm!  I haven't been buying them after Christmas when they go down in price for a couple of years, so, my own fault!  Now the big question was, do I drive the 70 mile round trip to buy some or should I make some?  We only shop every 10 - 14 days now and we had not long gotten our last pick up order.  We try to isolate as much as we can as we are both at risk for catching Covid or flu or anything else that is going around, (and yes we have been vaccinated), so it was not a difficult decision.

I dragged all the card making paraphernalia out of the closet and set to work.  It was fun, it was good to get into the swing of making things again.  Here are some I made.  Everyone says Merry Christmas either on the outside or inside.  No Happy Holidays here!

I buy blank cards, then emboss them and glue on pictures I have cut out of cards received in previous years.  Some have fabric Christmas trees cut out of Christmas fabric.  I also make the 'Merry Christmases' using a die and again I use old Christmas cards to cut them out of. I like the idea of the cards getting another go around.


Elfie came back out, he was so happy to be able to get up to mischief again and keep a watchful eye on us.


I only put up the itsy bitsy tree this year so had to hang the family photo decorations elsewhere.


Here is the tiny tree.



The very small Santa's who sit under the tree. 



Of course, the Nativity scene came out.  Thanks to a fellow blogger who had knitted it first, I was able to find the pattern and I knitted it for us.


There is quite a bit more but I have bored you enough. I was off the decorating for a bit but last year I decided that at our age any Christmas hereon in could be our last, so I want to make them memorable.

Now off to write the rest of the cards.......

4 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely knitted nativity set. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you know you were the inspiration for me knitting it after I saw your even more lovely knitted set.

      Delete
  2. Nice cards! I think I'd make them too - sounds like a long way to drive. I really need to get an Elf. They look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered our Elf from Amazon, it is not an actual 'Elf on the shelf' because I couldn't justify the cost to myself so I got a cheapie. He is really well made and quite the cutie.

      Delete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.