Sunday, April 2, 2023

The 'new to me' stamps and health update

The stamps I ordered from ebay arrived Thursday.  The seller was very prompt in sending them out.  I didn't get chance to try them until Saturday as Friday was busy with going to the hospital and picking up groceries.  By the time I had put them all away I was done for the day.






They are Stampin' Up brand from the 2001/2 but are in excellent condition.  Even with postage costs they worked out at around a dollar each. I am still determined to conquer stamping.  Sometimes being a stubborn old biddy is a bit of a pain. I wanted to try the rubber stamps on wood blocks to see how they compared to the silicone ones that you use an acrylic block with.  The wooden blocks are much taller and indented for your fingers to grip, a lot easier than the acrylic ones. The images are on par with the silicone ones but I really like the patterns on these wooden ones a lot.

Anyway, I got out one of my good ink pads and tried them all.


The ones I circled were not good prints.  Two of the stamps didn't seem to print fully.  I wondered if perhaps I needed to re-ink my inkpad so I did and tried those two again and got excellent prints.  Another lesson learned, make sure the ink pads have plenty of ink!

As you can see below the ones I did after the inking came out perfectly.

I am not willing to stamp directly onto cards yet as you only get one go at it and if it is wrong you have to discard the card.  I will use them on envelopes though as they will be great for Christmas and other occasions.  Envelopes are not so important so a mistake won't matter as much and I do so like a pretty envelope.

Health wise, things are not so bad.  The scare turned out to be benign thankfully after all the tests, MRI's and CT scans etc. but I do have some issues with my back and a compression fracture that is getting worse.  They are going to try physical therapy and if that doesn't help they want me to consider surgery.  After neck surgery and two knee replacements I can tell you I am not in any hurry to go back under the knife.  Time will tell I guess. Oh, and I am officially diabetic.  Have been pre diabetic for a while but it finally caught up with me and I am now on Metformin.  I can tell you that those pills sure make you 'windy'. Nuff said lol.  

And on that not so pleasant note I bid you a fond farewell to next time........


No comments:

Post a Comment

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.