Saturday, May 6, 2023

Yes, I did watch the coronation but not at 5am!

 I knew I wouldn't get up at 5am to watch the coronation so thank goodness for the DVR.  I played it back at my leisure.  I was around 5 years old when the late Queen Elizabeth ll was crowned and we lived in London way back then.  My Dad bought a TV just to watch it.  It was tiny! So this was my second coronation.

I have never been in awe of Charles and have no love for his wife but I do enjoy the pomp and ceremony of the occasion so I thoroughly enjoyed watching it.

As I watched them on the balcony all I could think was with all that money 'Why didn't she get her front teeth fixed???'  Now we do have quite a large screen TV so it was very noticeable to me, the thousands of folks in the crowd could not tell I am sure.

On the home front, the iris have started blooming. We have not had much rain though.  We re-seeded a patch in front of the house with grass seed and ended up buying an oscillating sprinkler for the hosepipe so we didn't have to stand around and spray with the hand held sprinkler.  Nothing showing yet and we fertilised it too.

Today it is very hot, but it is going to cool into nice temperatures in the week.  Not ready for 90F+ weather yet. That is 32.2C for my English and Canadian folks.

On the card making front, I have nearly finished my cards for June and July, only had to make three.  I am going to make matching envelopes for two of them and stamp the third.  Will post photos when done.

I bought a couple of stamps from Ebay as I managed to flush my silicone 'hand made by....' stamp down the sink when washing it. It was tiny and I couldn't see it in the water and when I pulled the plug it disappeared! I am preferring the rubber stamps on wooden blocks to the silicone ones. These were pre used but are exactly what I wanted.  They were a good deal.



Also I just ordered some more Christmas ones as they were an even better deal and unused.  Three of them have four stamps, one on each side so that is 12 stamps and the other is a nice big one. 13 stamps, brand new for $4.  I am eagerly awaiting their arrival. They were priced at $4.95 ono buy it now so I offered $4 and they accepted.




It's been awhile since I posted, I have been helping my husband edit his manuscripts on the computer ready to publish some more.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the festivities.  I will make some scones on Monday just to have a little bit of English tradition.  Scones with jam but no cream as I don't have any and I am not going to drive 75 miles just to get some. Might have salmon sandwiches too.



2 comments:

  1. I'm rubbish at stamping but intend to practice this year. I've got some gorgeous stamps to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's a challenge isn't it. I just can't give up on it! Sometimes I get on my own nerves lol.

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.