I remember these from years gone by but was never a fan of them and never bought one, despite being the Christmas lover that I am.
People posted photos of them and said how fast they were going off the shelves.
Our localish town has an Aldi and has just built a bigger store just across the road from it, which had it's grand opening today. I was in said town yesterday for a hospital appointment and to pick up a few groceries so thought I would drive by and see the new store and noticed it was actually open. Curiosity got the better of me and I went in.
There on the 'Isle of shame', (not sure why they call it that!) sat some of the Christmas trees. Three traditional green ones, three pastel pink ones and one pastel blue one.
The girly girl in me wanted a pink one so desperately, the practical girl in me said 'don't be daft it won't go in our house'. The practical girl won out and a green one was placed in the shopping trolley. I was just about to move on and I spotted a mini pink one. Well, the girly me grabbed it so quickly and it went into the trolley too. It was the last mini pink one.
So, here they are in all their glory. I have decided to leave them out until after Christmas to enjoy them. At our age we have no idea how many Christmases we have left so I will enjoy them for as long as possible. They have a timer switch on them and use batteries, so no need to find an electrical outlet to plug them in. The green one is about 15" tall.
It doesn't take much to make me happy!
I have one I made years ago. Now alone here (with kitties), it is what I put out! I like the old fashioned look
ReplyDeleteMaureen here. How lovely to have a handmade one. Please post a picture when you put it out. XXXXX
DeleteI have a big white one my Mom made years ago...I love it.
ReplyDeleteLove your's as well! So pretty!
hugs
Donna