Wednesday, October 16, 2024

I think the treatment is worse than the darned Covid

My doctor did prescribe Paxlovid for me and I started taking it Monday afternoon.  From the offset, I felt weird.  Good job I got home before the effects really kicked in.  It upset my stomach and I almost passed out.  I didn't take the second dose.  Yesterday I took both doses and today I have taken one so far and my stomach is still upset, it leaves a horrible taste in your mouth and the nausea comes in waves but it is not as bad as it first was.  I will persevere because I want to get this virus out of my system and I don't want Long Covid.

We have our son coming in on Sunday for my husband's 80th birthday next week.  He is fully vaccinated and just recently had a booster so he feels he should be OK.  He has also had Covid so has some natural immunity too.  

To make things worse our Microwave gave up the goat yesterday. Thank goodness for Amazon, a new one is currently in transit. You don't realise how much you use one until one is not available!

My husband is doing OK, the steroids have kicked in.  It is only a short regimen though so only a few more days of taking them for him.

So we are just plodding on here the best we can until we test negative.

Onwards and upwards!

3 comments:

  1. I got very sick from covid at the start of the pandemic, before the vaccines were available. I took 2000mg vitamin C a day, zinc, selenium, vitamin D, Lysine, oregano oil capsules, echinacea, 6 cloves raw chopped garlic each day, and juiced a combination of raw carrots, oranges, apples with a piece of ginger. the only medication I took was cough syrup and ibuprofen for joint pain and slight fever. Good luck, there are vitamin and herbal remedy sites like Natural News.com that have a wealth of remedies for covid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness!!! Hang in there! Hopefully you both will be feeling better, soon!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.