My husband has atrial fib, he goes in and out of it and his last episode was quite severe so they took him in and gave him cardioversion. They shocked his heart three times and it made no difference so home we came. Whether it was delayed reaction or he just went out of it, we don't know but he came out of it and so far so good. He does, however, have to go back in for ablation surgery again on his heart next month. They will keep him in overnight to monitor him; if all is well, he can come home.
But!, that flipping word again!
He contacted Covid, we assume from when he was in the hospital for the cardioversion. Last week he became quite poorly and after being told by his primary care physician, I took him to the ER on Thursday evening. We didn't even think it might be Covid but he tested positive and had pneumonia. Because of all his problems they admitted him and gave him Remdesivir infusions and steroids. I stayed with him Thursday evening in the room but I came home because if I stayed I couldn't leave the room and I was beginning to feel a bit rough. Joy oh joy, I tested positive with a home testing kit on Saturday.
On Sunday they said he could go home so I had to drive three and a half hours to pick him up and three and a half more to get home. I was on adrenaline. We got home safe and sound and crashed for the night.
I called my doctor this morning and she has prescribed some Paxlovid so I am now waiting for the pharmacy to call and tell me it is ready. Hope they can bring it out to the vehicle. I do not want to infect anyone by going into the store. I can open the back of the vehicle and they can throw the pills in there.
Prayers for you both. Hope all works out well for your hubby.
ReplyDelete