Monday, August 6, 2012

Yeah! I found a four colour yarn tension mast

Yeah! I have been looking for one of these for months to go with the YC5 colour changer I bought. 

I have been agonising all weekend because it is quite expensive.  The item was 29.99 pounds and the shipping costs 21.00 pounds.making a total of 51 pounds and that seems an awful lot considering sometimes you can pick up a whole knitting machine for not much more. It equates to about $79 total at today's exchange rate.

But, I thought it through and this Monday morning decided to go ahead and buy it.  My logic being that I really want it and need it for the YC5 to work properly and it is coming an awfully long way (from Scotland) so the shipping and handling really isn't that bad plus I might never stumble across one again. The other bonus was it was 'Buy it now'.  I get too jittery when I am bidding for an item.

The seller on ebay is either very clever or a little over greedy.  What she is doing is splitting up everything and selling them as individual items. She has a YC6 colour changer listed but now I have purchased the four colour tension mast will someone buy the YC6?

She also has an LC2 lace carriage listed at a reasonable price but it only includes the carriage and sinker plate.  She is selling the lace cards separately and I couldn't see the weights listed, so is it a good buy?

Aside from the fact that I have spent my knitting budget for the month I have to be more prolific with my knitting to justify spending any more money. So, no lace carriage today.

But, today I am going to knit.  I will start on a baby cardigan for my nephew and his girlfriend's baby girl who is expected in November.  They live in Canada where it is cold in the winter and they will need cardigans.

When the tension mast arrives I will make them a baby blanket using rib in multi colours.  I saw one Alex had done which I liked a lot.  His was all one colour but he used different rib patterns to make an overall pattern.

A few chores to do then off I jolly well go to the knitting room!

Hope the ribber is on good form today, it was going OK the last time I used it but hey, that's not a guarantee, it's a finickity beastie!!!

3 comments:

  1. When I bought my YC6 it only came with a single yarn mast not the double head attachment that should come with it for the top. I ended up just using two single yarn masts in the back of the machine and managed just fine :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil for commenting. I had wondered about doing that but didn't know if it would work or not and a normal tension mast would have cost me $34 plus shipping.

      Now I know it would have worked! It's easy to be wise after the event lol.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.