I decided to stop practicing with the machine, ribber and colour changer and go for making something.
I got some nice pastel coloured yarns and decided on what I was going to make for my nephew and his lady's baby due in November.
I decided to make a jacked using the pattern I used to make the hooded jacket last year but in the smallest size and no hood. It isn't for a newborn, more like a year to eighteen months but I figure all newborns get plenty of things so it will be something for when she is toddling.
I did my swatch and ascertained the settings for the knit radar and which ruler insert to use. I am going to put a band of patterning like I used in the first little sweater I made but this time just on the body part, not on the sleeves so the baby wont get her fingers caught in the sleeve and just stocking stitch for the rest. No tuck stitch this time.
I am also going to put a couple of stripes in the rib using the colour changer. Nothing too complicated.
So now I had a plan and yesterday I sat down to knit the back.
It went perfectly without any user error or ribber or colour changer hiccups.
I was on cloud nine!
Bursting with confidence today, I went up today to knit a front.
First attempt, the ribbing and colour changing executed immaculately, I transferred the stitches to main bed and proceeded to do the patterning........one small mistake......I forgot to do six rows in just the main colour. Oh well, not too much to undo and rewind.
Second attempt, I forgot to change the the tension on the carriages to 5 after casting on, did five rows before I realised. I changed it to the correct tension and proceeded but after I had transferred the stitches to the main carriage and dropped the ribber bed I could see it was very noticeable. Oh well, again, not too much to undo and rewind.
Third and fourth attempts more user errors, can't remember what but they were definitely me!
Fifth and six attempts were ribber related, so I have given up for the day lol. Nascar race starting soon anyway.
Going to give some serious consideration to Phil's idea of doing the correspondence courses.
No comments:
Post a Comment
As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.